The scheduling of the test will be arranged by the assigned road test examiner. You will receive an email with the contact information of the assigned examiner after your payment is processed, up to 2 business days. Please note: After payment, it may take up to 7-10 business days before the test will be scheduled with the instructor.
Before you schedule the test with CIESC, do a practice test with your student.
- The parent takes a 20 minute ride where they supply only directions as where to go.
- No coaching should take place. This may include streets and routes unfamiliar to the student.
- It should include most driving tasks: roundabouts, left and right stoplight turns, merging, lane changes, stop signs, and parallel parking. Left turns on solid green lights need to be practiced, fully understood, and competency demonstrated.
- If the drive can be done without the student asking for clarification or help, and the parent does not feel compelled to give coaching help for fear of a crash, then they may be ready.
- If verbal coaching never stops, the clarifying questions never stop, and the student never demonstrates that they can really make correct driving decisions on their own. Additional practice is needed.