Thank you for expressing interest in becoming an instructor. The Indiana BMV requires all driver education instructors to complete an approved driver education course or training program. CIESC offers the training program to prospective instructors.
Instructors employed with CIESC must meet the following requirements:
- At least 25 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License with at least 5 years of driving experience
- No more than 4 points on their driving record at all times
- Previous experience working with youth in a leadership role
Before consideration, we would need a copy of your driving record. You should be able to get a copy of your record from your myBMV account.
Here is a list of things to expect:
Online Training Course
- 10 hour online course – $250
- 1 full class observation if interested in classroom instruction
Behind the wheel observation
- 20 hours of behind the wheel observation
After the online course and observation
- Apply for and receive BMV instructor license
- Apply for employment with CIESC
- Available a minimum of 8 hours per week (no more than 29)
- Autonomous work schedule
- Current pay rate up to $29/hour
- CIESC Contributions to TRF/PRF
BMV Licensing Process
- Physical, background check, and online application (fees apply)
- 3-hour post-certification evaluation (no cost)
Payment and completion of this course does not guarantee employment with CIESC.
If this is something you are still interested in, please complete the short questionnaire below. After review of your record, we will provide you with next steps to beginning the training course.
By submitting this form, you are requesting additional information on the process of becoming a licensed driver education instructor. This form will not be used for consideration of employment.